- ROM_NDC co-operates with CTBT Organization (CTBTO) for upgrading and maintaining of the MLR seismic station at the technical and operational standards required by CTBT
- ROM_NDC regularly receives, processes and analyzes the data recorded by IMS network, as well the products of the IDC from Vienna, Austria
- ROM_NDC issues reviewed seismic bulletins (REBs), containing the events located on the Romania’s territory using national seismic dense network. Quarterly reports containing comparison between seismic events with ML ≥ 3.0 listed in the Romanian REBs and the ones located by IDC are sent to IDC. This comparative analysis shows that an important number of Romanian events with local magnitude over 3.0 are commonly missed in the IDC REB solutions. Moreover, due to the high coverage of stations, solutions calculated at ROM_NDC are much better constrained in terms of epicenter parameters.
- ROM_NDC participates to the CTBTO tests and exercises, organized for assessment of the global monitoring system performances
- ROM_NDC co-operates and exchanges data with the other National Data Centers of the CTBT state members
- ROM_NDC supports Romanian participation to the CTBTO activities by continuously sharing with IDC of the data recorded by the Plostina infrasound array
- ROM_NDC ensures seismic monitoring using BURAR array under cooperation between NIEP and Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC), USA
Institutul National de Cercetare-Dezvoltare pentru Fizica Pamantului