- Soil mechanics and nonlinear dynamics, during strong earthquakes. Theoretical and experimental studies on resonant columns: Drnevich and Hardin;
- Local effects and seismic response of the soil deposits;
- Development and implementation of nonlinear seismology in applications of hazard assessment and seismic risk mitigation of densely populated areas. Nonlinear behavior of soil during of strong and deep Vrancea earthquakes
- Vulnerability studies of urban areas, industrial structures and transportation networks;
- Studies of seismic microzoning of densely populated localities in Romania. Improving existing microzoning studies.
- Theoretical studies of engineering seismology (soil – structure interaction, nonlinear effects, changing of the fundamental period of the soil-structure system during strong earthquakes, assessment of destructive seismic potential from seismic records; studies to improve seismic codes, etc.);
- Phenomenological-statistical analysis and studies of the seismic hazard induced by Vrancea source considering statistical system behavior and using typical mathematical models, particularly applied in current researches.
- Participation in the development of standards for the seismic hazard map of Romanian territory, in cooperation with other departments and institutions.
- Certainties and uncertainties in seismic hazard analysis during of strong and deep Vrancea earthquakes.
Institutul National de Cercetare-Dezvoltare pentru Fizica Pamantului